Jan 31 2019
To better understand the troubleshooting we provide for the Rveal Air Mouse Remote, please click on the link below to reference the user guide which shows the initial setup and a diagram labeling the main buttons and functions:
If your remote is malfunctioning, moving uncontrollably or not responding on the TV, please check these initial steps first before going to the troubleshooting methods below:
- - Make sure your smart TV device is powered on with a blue light on top.
- - Make sure 2 x AAA batteries are correctly inserted into the back of the remote.
- - Make sure a red power light flashes at the top of the remote when pressing the OK button.
- - Make sure the USB Receiver from the remote is tightly connected to one of the two USB Ports on your smart TV device and not into another device or port.
(Note: If you've inserted the batteries correctly but the power light on the remote does not flash green or red when pressing the OK button, then replace the batteries with different, new ones and try again. If the power light still does not appear, please let us know so we can take the proper action in resolving the issues. It's possible the remote is defective and needs to be exchanged under the warranty.)
REMOTE IS NOT RESPONDING
(Nothing happens on the TV when moving the air mouse or clicking on the directional arrows.)
If you've checked the initial steps above and the remote is still not responding, please follow these troubleshooting methods one at a time in order shown below. After attempting each method, check to see if the remote is responding on the TV by moving the air mouse or clicking on the directional arrows (up, down, left, right) around the OK button.
- RESTART YOUR SMART TV DEVICE - Restart your smart TV device by unplugging it from the power supply and plugging it back in to make sure the TV screen is not frozen or stuck (it may be helpful to use the basic stock remote to see if it's working)
- UNPLUG USB RECEIVER - Unplug the USB Receiver from the USB Port and tightly insert it into the other USB Port on your smart TV device. Try this several times alternating between USB Ports.
- REMOVE THE BATTERIES - Remove the 2 x AAA batteries from the back of the remote and reinsert them correctly.
- REPLACE THE BATTERIES - Replace the included 2 x AAA batteries with different, new batteries.
- CHANGE THE REMOTE MODE - If the power light at the top of the remote is red when clicking the OK button, go near the plugged USB Receiver and click on the red TV button at the bottom of the remote to change the remotes mode and attempt to use it following.
- PAIR THE REMOTE - To pair the remote with your smart TV device, unplugged the USB Receiver from your smart TV device (within 1 foot), press and hold the TV and OK buttons together at the same time for 15 seconds, and then release both buttons. The power light at the top of the remote should first blink red and then become solid red. Once the power light becomes solid red, plug the USB Receiver back into your smart TV devices USB Port. Once plugging in the USB Receiver into your smart TV device the light at the top of the remote should turn off. Once the light turns off the pairing is complete. Make sure to keep the remote near the plugged USB Receiver the entire time. If the remote still does not respond after pairing, unplug the USB Receiver from the USB Port and tightly insert it into the other USB Port on your smart TV device. These steps may need to be repeated more than once to successfully pair the remote with your smart TV device.
If you've performed all of the troubleshooting above and your remote is still having issues, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.