Apr 29 2016
If you've tested the internet speed on the Rveal box and it's not fast enough, slower than recommended or lower than other devices on the same network, here are a few ways to improve your connection:
- - Restart your router routinely to refresh the wireless signal and reestablish a stronger connection. With most routers, just unplug the power supply and plug it back in to restart. The newer routers will have a power button.
- - If possible, plug the Rveal box to the router directly with an Ethernet cable. A direct, hardwired connection is always the most stable and fastest. When connecting via Ethernet, make sure to go to the Network Settings on the Rveal box and check in the Ethernet option.
- - If available, choose and connect to your 5GHz wireless network signal as it will always be faster and more reliable than the standard 2.4GHz. Most internet providers and routers today provide both a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz wireless signal. If you have the 5GHz option when selecting your wireless network on the Rveal box, you should see the same network name but with one ending in 5G. Make sure to choose this one.
- - Increase the strength of your internet in any room or desired location using a Wi-Fi extender. If you notice that all of your devices have internet connection issues in the same room or location you want to setup the Rveal box, then it would be best to improve the wireless signal in that area using a Wi-Fi extender or repeater.
- - If possible, change the router settings to give the Rveal box more priority and internet strength above the other devices. Some routers rank the connected devices by priority and often put open-source TV boxes like Rveal at the bottom below phones or computers. Login to your router settings and check to make sure the Rveal box is given more internet priority.
Keep in mind that the further the box is from your router, the bigger the drop in internet speed. Also if you have multiple devices connected to your router at the same time, it may reduce the speed since it's sharing the signal strength.
If for any reason you're still having trouble, please contact us so we can provide further instructions or tips on improving your internet connection. Our technicians are ready to help.
For additional help and instructions, please contact our customer care team here.